We've been busy doing many fun fourth of July activities! Here were some cool ways that we celebrated Independence day.
1. Playdough map- I put playdough on the United States on a map of the world. Logan stuck toothpick American flags into the playdough.
2. Star sun catcher. Cut clear contact paper into a star shape. Add red white and blue paper. You can use circles from a hole puncher, strips of paper, or cut stars.
3. Star Run- I modified a shape run activity from Hubbard's Cupboard. We placed several red, white, and blue stars on one side of the yard. On the other side of the yard, we placed one big red star, one big blue star, and one big white star. Logan ran, picked up a star, and brought it back and matched it with the correct star.
from Joyful Learning
5. Red, white, and blue windsock- from A Mommy's Adventures
6. Decorating a garbage truck for a 4th of July parade.- from JDaniel4'smom
7. Fireworks painting, using food coloring with water and straws to blow the "paint" into firework designs. (From Joyful Learning).
9. Glitterworks- We created fireworks with glitter glue and paper. (From Joyful Learning)
10. Edible Sparkler- We created an edible sparkler by using pretzel rods, yogurt, and sprinkles. ( I substituted yogurt for the marshmallow creme that this website calls for. It worked OK.)
11. Star sort- We sorted red, silver, and blue stars by color and size.
Logan and Tyson also got to go on a Fourth of July camping trip with family and Logan got to hold a REAL sparkler.
This year we're going to up the ante and try out a firework show... we're even going to try and stay up after dark!
How are you celebrating Independence Day?