I loved these finger puppets I saw at Pink and Green Mama. We are reading the poem, "5 Little Pumpkins" this week. So I knew I wanted to make pumpkin puppets.
I also loved this 5 little pumpkins craft I saw at Adventures-in-Mommyland and JDaniel4s Mom.
I figured I could combine the 2 crafts to make just what I needed. So here are our 5 little pumpkins sitting on a gate finger puppets. The pumpkins are made out of egg cartons. They are sitting on 5 toilet paper tubes. The tubes are strung together on a dowel rod to make a "gate". He can either play with them all together or take them off and have separate pumpkin puppets.
1. Cut an egg carton apart so that you have 5 separate cups.
2. punch a tiny hole in the top and bottom of the egg carton cup.
3. Paint the egg carton cups orange.
4. While the paint is drying, glue white paper around the toilet paper tubes.
5. Punch a regular sized hole in two sides of the tube, making it possible to string the dowel rod through.
6. When the orange paint on the egg cups dries, draw a face on it. (We just used googly eyes because I saw them in the craft box but they'd probably look more like pumpkins if you just drew a face on them.)
7. String a green pipe cleaner through the back of it the egg cup
7. Tape the pipe cleaner to the inside of the toilet paper tube. The pipe cleaner is what will hold your egg cup to the the toilet paper tube.
We put the pumpkins on to the rod one at a time as we said the first part of the poem. Then we took them off so they could "roll out of sight."
I loved hearing Logan play with them later. He would make them say, "You scared?" "No I not scared. I have fun." And then he'd roll them away.
I'm thinking you could make some interesting bobble-head dolls this way, too!
I'm linking this up to...