This is a guest post by Jackie's two year old son, Logan. Unfortunately my mom has been abducted by aliens and I will be resuming her blogging duties for the rest of the day. Just in case she can access her blog from Mars, I thought I'd send out a letter to her!
You know, I thought I could handle it around here without you. I generally think I'm in charge anyway! But as it turns out, dad's been in the basement painting all day and I can't keep up with this bratty brother of mine. We need those martians to return you to us. If it would help, I've compiled a list of reasons why we need you back. Please forward these to your new martian friends.
1. Tyson has taken over the toilet as a swimming pool. I really need you to return so you can do your special bathroom lock down techniques.
2. When I yell incessantly, "I need juice. I need snacks. I need juice. I need food." no one responds. Right now I'm standing near the fridge saying, "What I eat?"
3. Tyson's diaper is stinkin' up the house. The neighbors already moved out because of the stench!
4. My blankey has that funky smell again and there is no one to take it away. (Ok, in truth, even you can't get that stench out. Can you ask the Martians for some ideas?)
5. We used 17 times too much glue on our art project today. You were right. That's a bad idea. It took dad an hour to get Tyson unglued from the table.
6. I can't remember the words to those silly songs you sing to me to get me to brush my teeth, go potty, get dressed. So for the time being, I have forgone all personal hygiene.
7. Daddy fed us cold corn for supper. YUCK!
8. The laundry is going to soon pile up to Mars... and you're gonna be stuck doing it anyway!
9. Our library books are 40 days overdue and are accruing some big ole fines because no one loves the library like you do!
10. We miss your hugs, your kisses, your snuggles. Come home soon!
Logan, Tyson, and Daddy
What would YOUR kids miss if you flew off to Mars? Disney explores that concept in a new movie, "Mars Needs Moms" which comes out on March 11, 2011. Nine-year-old Milo (Seth Green) finds out just how much he needs his mom (Joan Cusack) when she’s nabbed by Martians who plan to steal her mom-ness for their own young. This movie was produced by the team that made "Polar Express" and "Disney's A Christmas Carol"-- so it's sure to be a hit with lots of special effects.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here
Check back tomorrow to see if Jackie returns from Mars. (If they have beaches and lounge chairs she may not return!)