Would you like to beef up your home library this new year? This week, Ready-set-read.com is going to be focused on doing just that. I'll be sharing suggestions for your home library from A-Z. I'll share favorite books for babies, toddlers, girls and boys that you can add to your home library. I'll have book ideas for early readers and older readers. If you already have a great home library, I'll help you make sure you've got enough variety. I'll have book suggestions for audio books, fairy tales, informational text, joke books, recipe books, and even books in other languages. I've rounded up ideas from other bloggers, and I'm excited to share their favorite titles. They've also got some great tips on how to organize your home library. I'm really looking forward to this week of sharing on how to build a home library.
UPDATE: You can find the entire 5 days series below-- along with some highlights from each day.
A-E: Space Saving Tips for a Home Library
F-J: Genres and Book Suggestions for Your Home Library
K-O: Organizational tips for your Home Library
P-T: MORE Genres and Book Suggestions for Your Home Library
U-Z: Online resources for finding great books in the future
These posts will be part of a series of blog posts on kid friendly topics all discussed in detail from A-Z. More than sixty bloggers from the kid blogger network are joining together to present these posts. There will be A-Z topics on arts and crafts, learning through play, mama tips and tricks, school activities, and language and literacy.You can find a list of all participating blogs on This Reading Mama's blog. I'm super excited about the language and literacy topics that will be addressed. I will be checking these out in detail. Stop by these blogs for great language and literacy tips:
- Books for Preschoolers from Mommy and Me Book Club
- Building a Home Library from Ready Set Read!
- Early Language Learning from Playting with Words 365
- Early Literacy from Playdough to Plato
- Exploring Books from JDaniel4's Mom
- Graphic Novels from Pragmatic Mom
- Learning to Read Through Play from Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas
- Learning to Write from NurtureStore
- Reading Comprehension for Pre K-Grade 1 from The Wise Owl Factory
- Storytelling from A Mom with a Lesson Plan